My name is Mike Chan and I have a large head, which you can see on the right. This blog is your trip into the brain inside that oversized noggin of mine.
Career-wise, I’m an entrepreneur, consultant, teacher, and blogger. Here are the things I’m doing:
- Co-founder of ribl, a real-time, location-based message board where users can post and consume the most relevant content about their current vicinity. No mo FOMO.
- Founder and Principal of MWC Consulting, a marketing and strategy consulting firm that helps startups and small businesses get off the ground and grow.
- Co-organizer of Startup Weekend DC
- Adjunct Professor at Georgetown University
- Formerly the Senior Director of Strategic Marketing for the Washington Capitals / Monumental Sports and Entertainment.
I’m an avid fan of the New York Yankees, New York Giants, Washington Capitals, and Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets. I love to eat good food, drink good beer, play and watch all kinds of sports, laugh and make people laugh.
I overdid it on the higher education thing – I have a Bachelor’s degree from Lehigh University, a Master’s degree from Georgia Tech, and an MBA from NYU Stern.
I was born in Queens, also grew up in Brooklyn and Old Bridge, NJ, lived in Atlanta, San Francisco, and Manhattan, but now reside in Washington, D.C.
Feel free to connect via email at firstname.lastname@example.org, follow me on Twitter at @mikewchan, connect with me on LinkedIn, and add me to your Google+ circles.
One thought on “About Me”
When is the next Startup Weekend DC?
Maybe I could find a co-founder for my startup?