My name is Mike Chan and I have a large head, which you can see on the right. This blog is your trip into the brain inside that oversized noggin of mine.
Career-wise, I’m an entrepreneur, consultant, teacher, and blogger. Here are the things I’m doing:
- Co-founder of ribl, a real-time, location-based message board where users can post and consume the most relevant content about their current vicinity. No mo FOMO.
- Founder and Principal of MWC Consulting, a marketing and strategy consulting firm that helps startups and small businesses get off the ground and grow.
- Co-organizer of Startup Weekend DC
- Adjunct Professor at Georgetown University
- Formerly the Senior Director of Strategic Marketing for the Washington Capitals / Monumental Sports and Entertainment.
I’m an avid fan of the New York Yankees, New York Giants, Washington Capitals, and Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets. I love to eat good food, drink good beer, play and watch all kinds of sports, laugh and make people laugh.
I overdid it on the higher education thing – I have a Bachelor’s degree from Lehigh University, a Master’s degree from Georgia Tech, and an MBA from NYU Stern.
I was born in Queens, also grew up in Brooklyn and Old Bridge, NJ, lived in Atlanta, San Francisco, and Manhattan, but now reside in Washington, D.C.