The 2010s was probably the most impactful decade of my life, both on a personal and professional level.
The decade was filled with ups (mostly personal) and downs (mostly professional). A lot of change happened, and I learned a ton, both in terms of new skills and knowledge, and about myself.
Recap of the 2010s
Here are some of the things that happened last decade.
On the personal side, all great:
- I married my best friend in the world (3 times in fact – in DC, Mexico, and Queens!)
- I had an amazing, wonderful daughter
- I bought a beautiful house
- I traveled to Greece, Australia, Thailand, Taiwan, Colombia, and many other great locations around the world
On the professional side, so-so:
- I left my dream job in the sports industry to become a tech startup founder (and maybe F’d up career in the process)
- I launched 3 startups that failed
- I discovered crypto/blockchain and am working on transitioning to this industry for my career
- I learned so much about technology, marketing, product, and what it takes to create a company
There’s not much more to say about the things that happened in my personal life. That side of life is amazing and I can’t be more grateful.
Regarding my career, I have no regrets, but hindsight is 2020 (pun intended!) and there are some things I would do differently. More on this in a future post!
Looking ahead to 2020
2020 is going to be another year full of change.
On the personal side, my resolutions are to:
- Hit 160 pounds at some point (equates to losing 8 pounds from today)
- Work on my poker game (I have a couple leaks I need to plug)
- Be the best dad and husband I can be
On the professional side:
- I aim to work in crypto full-time, whether it’s a full-time gig with one company or multiple consulting projects. I should have some positive announcements soon about this!
- Get better at coding. I’ve been “learning to code” for over 6 years now. I just need to focus on come up with a plan to get much better at it and build some apps from scratch.
The 2010s was a bit of a roller coaster ride, but overall it was an amazing decade. I can’t wait to see what the 2020s bring!
How was last decade to you? I’d love to hear what happened!